Monday, February 20, 2012

Playwriting....tba


I think I’d like to write a play. Not a three act big budget, let’s put on a play, play. A ten minute play, maybe fifteen minutes. Maybe it’s not time to worry about exactly how long it will be.


I’d like to see how I interact the characters of which I don’t think there’d be too many in this first endeavor. I’d like to see how I could at first describe the set....for me that would be most fun....then, as in any story, have a conflict which must have some resolve within those ten minutes. Would it be two characters or three. The plot, which I don’t have at this moment will determine.


I used to write these little plays as a child. They were always supposed to be some sort of thriller. I remember writing them with people I knew as the characters....those I went to school with. The ones I was jealous of would be the ones causing the trouble....the boys I had a crush on would be the heros and the good guys were, of course, my friends. And everyone lived happily ever after. That was then, this is now. Happily ever after? I don’t think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment